Saturday, September 13, 2008

Take a hike Ike.

We're under tornado watch. The storm is coming right toward us, and have had tornadoes in the past hour just a few cities over. If we go into a tornado warning, we'll have to go take shelter in the hallway. (Which doesn't make sense to me. Third floor, with windows on the end of each hallway. But whatever.)
So today has been slow. Haleigh and I made a Walmart run this morning to get some groceries and gas, and then we hung out and watched Pearl Harber this afternoon. (By the way, I LOVE that movie, but at the same time I hate it for making me CRY.) I hate that I'm away from my family, but I'm so glad to know they're safe. Please keep us in your prayers as Ike comes over us, and passes tomorrow. God is so faithful, and I'm very glad to hear the damage wasn't as bad as it could have been and that for the most part, people are doing all right.
So.. Right now we're just watching the news and watching the storm approach closer and closer. (Exciting. I know.) Lol The outer storms are coming in to the Cabot area, which is just about 20 minutes or so from Searcy. So, we should be seeing some rain soon. Time to geet out the boots!
Hope you are having a good day. :)
<3 Lauren

1 comment:

Michelle said...

well, did you make it through okay?