
"People aren’t confused by the Gospel,
They’re confused by us.
Jesus is the only way to God,
But we are not the only way to Jesus.
This world doesn’t need my tie, my hoodie,
My denomination, or my translation if the Bible.
They just need Jesus.
We can be passionate about what we believe,
But we can’t strap ourselves to the Gospel,
Because we’re slowing it down.
Jesus is going to save the world,
But maybe the best thing that we can do,
Is just get out of the way."
-from Casting Crowns "What This World Needs"
Don't you just love getting hugged by Jesus? I think Jesus hugs are completely awesome. They're those times when you just get to thinking, and God just hits you with something that on one hand sorta punches you in the kneecaps, but on the other hand gives such an amazing example of His love and grace, you can't help but love it. (Probably one of the only times a feeling of being punched in the kneecaps could be described as a hug.. but I digress.)
Let me describe my Jesus hug today.
I just got to thinking about how blessed I am to have such great examples of Christ in my life. I thought about a few people in particular (who shall remain anonymous) that genuinely inspire me to aspire to be more like Christ. Their life is a testament to their incredible faith, and I see in them the complete, pure, and unexplainable joy of the Lord.
And I can't help but want that more than anything else.
I want to be more than just a "Sunday Christian".
I want to learn to let go.
I want to learn to step aside, let God take the reins, and live through me.
No, it is NOT going to be easy. Yeah, it does mean that I will have to endure the vulnerability.
However, my God is ALWAYS there for me, and you. (Yes you.)
"It's the difference that sets the world free!" (CC What This World Needs)
Grace and peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment