Monday, February 16, 2009

Purpose.


More To This Life- Storyside B

Round and round this world we go
Forming truths from what we know
It could never be foretold
What will happen tomorrow
Things we see right now will change
Our lives will never be the same
Praying hallowed be thy name
And I am lifted from my shame
And I know this will not be in vain

A moment in time has passed before my eyes
There's more to this life, there's more to this life
I'm struggling to fight the reasons we cry
There's more to this life, there's more to this life

Time will tell as hours go
The truth inside will soon unfold
Revealing secrets as we grow
Into a brand new tomorrow
The plan is already in place
Transcending love through time and space
Strong and humbled by His grace
Catching tear drops from my face
And I know I will not be ashamed

A moment in time has passed before my eyes
There's more to this life, there's more to this life
I'm struggling to fight the reasons we cry
There's more to this life, there's more to this life

And if it's peace you seek
Let me wash away the blood that's drawn
And soak up all the tears upon my sleeve
And if you'll kneel with me
Well I will pray for our forgiveness
To the only One who'll truly make us clean

A moment in time has passed before my eyes
There's more to this life, there's more to this life
I'm struggling to fight the reasons we cry
There's more to this life, there's more to this life



"This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 188:24

<3 style="text-align: left;">That song and verse have been on my heart for a while now. As I continue to go through my days, I realize more and more what a gift "today" truly is. There's another quote that I love that says, "Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery, Today is a gift". I just think that that is so true especially in my generation today. We get so caught up in "life" that we don't realize how special it is to even have what we have, not to mention our lives. We perceive "life" to be something so materialistic because the ways of modern society. What we need to realize is that Jesus is our life! If it weren't for HIS sacrifice, "life" as we know it would be practically nonexistant..
So, this has been a hard thing for me to get used to, and I'm sure it will continue to be that way for a long time. However, it's been simply amazing to see how much God has opened my eyes even in the past year. I have fallen down so far, so many times, but every time I have been pulled back up to my refuge in His arms.
I am not promised a tomorrow..
Therefore, let today be a gift.
Let today be my opportunity to be the face of Christ.
Let today be a blessing.

Grace and peace.
<3lauren>

No comments: